Finished painting

 

            Hi friends, here’s ‘Beginning of Parvathi’s austerities’ completed.

austerities1

austerities1closeup

 

                 The poinciana flowers were first painted wet in wet with translucent orange/deep red in the highlight areas and translucent orange+deep red+a little pthalo blue in the shadow areas. Details were added with the same colors while it was still moist and also after it had dried. The leaves are aureolin yellow, pthalo blue, a little orange or red. The back ground colors are the same. Also added hookers green for some variety in the trees.

Advertisements

Beginning of Parvathi’s Austerities

Parvathi

 

             Good morning everyone, here is where I have reached in my next painting. This is the one that I had at first wanted to do, with lots of trees, flowers and a slight hint of a figure; then I let myself be persuaded to do the whole story. The dress is made of bark; so it looks a bit stiff; one or two more washes to go to make it a dark brown. The skin tones are from indian yellow, permanent karmin and pthalo blue. The mother deer also has translucent orange and burnt sienna in addition but the main color is burnt sienna. (There’s a cute little baby deer beside her if you can see)The dress is of the same colors. I find that applying a base coat of translucent orange makes an area look a little opaque (as I did for the dress). (Schminke’s) Translucent orange is also great to brighten up shadow colors. [Lukas burnt sienna is sedimentary and worked great for this deer]

             I didn’t take any progress shots this time.  Too many things happening with/in and around me; more than usual. And we have a wedding in the family soon (actually 3 in the next few weeks! its the wedding season), so I wont be posting so much for some time. My son is busy showing my grandma, who’s here visiting, how things work around here! yelling ‘thathamma.. thathamma’, a brand new word for him.